Introducing the blog

 Welcome fellow readers and friends. I decided to make a blog to document and share my neurodiverse experiences as well as talk about my special interests, my main interests are: music, film and lost media. I began this blog primarily to focus on a project about being a fan of Sparks and being neurodiverse as the stories I have heard and friends I’ve met beginning this project has been incredibly inspiring. I will try and post here at least once a week as a way to share my and other’s experiences and review albums and songs. But before you continue onwards and dive straight into the good stuff, a small introduction to who I am and who Sparks are. 


My name is Jack, I am transgender and my pronouns are he/they. I’m currently a university student in second year studying illustration. I am still awaiting my autism diagnosis but I believe I’m on the spectrum because I display various traits like; unable to understand social cues, lack of eye contact, noise sensitive and stimming. A lot of people see me as weird when they first meet me as I mask a lot of my traits to appear “normal” or I’m seen as shy as I’m deep in my sketchbook or a reading book. I first discovered sparks last year, I was going away for a weekend break with my family but things didn’t go to plan and I found a sparks song on a glam compilation album and I was hooked and played it on repeat. I then that Christmas convinced my sibling to buy me kimono in my house on CD and they did and it kick started my love for them. In recent months, sparks have been a salvation for me as in my personal life my mum passed away and I sometimes can’t tell what I feel or how I’m supposed to feel and sparks have helped me understand. Watching them discuss how hard it was for them loosing their dad and wishing they could ask him questions related to me. I wish I could ask my mum questions as she was most likely also on the spectrum. But I don’t like to dwell too heavily on sad things as my dad would call that “too depressing” so I’ll introduce you to the main reason you’re here. 

These guys are Sparks. Keyboardist and songwriter Ron Mael and singer Russell Mael. Hailing from Los Angles, USA. They gained worldwide success with their 3rd album, Kimono in My House with single This Town ain’t Big Enough for the Both of Us. They are genre defying and go against all rules of pop. They’ve had 26 albums (as of 2023) and 100s of songs. They have collaborated with numerous people such as Franz Ferdinand, Weird Al, Christi Haydon, Jane Weilden and many more. They have even been in many films such as Rollercoaster (1977) and Annette (2021), and even worked on lost/unfinished projects with Tati and Tim Burton. They began originally as college students in the 60s, trying to replicate the sound of the British Rock invasion. They sound moulded their sound to fit the glam rock scene before becoming synth wave pioneers and then antipop leaders. In 2021 they released a documentary called The Sparks Brothers with Edgar Wright at the helm directing; this film gained insight into all albums and key songs famous celebrities enjoyed. In current days they’re touring their newest album; The Girl is Crying in her Latte. 

That is it from the introduction. I hope people stick around to enjoy reading about sparks and other music because in my spare time I collect CDs so I will be pulling one out and putting it into my player to discuss it and if I remember when or where I bought it I’ll tell the story behind it. Stay safe and Noodle signs out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being LGBT (and a sparks fan)

Sparks and Repetition