The Joys of Sparks





 Hello everyone, I’m back again with an entry to this blog. I’ve been very busy with art but I’m sitting down with a Dr Pepper and small headache before an event I am going to tonight to share my art collective group to the whole of Northern England. I’m terrified about that but I thought this post would cheer me up as I am talking about the joys of sparks. 


In the past year, a lot has changed but my passion for this band has grown. It has became something I listen to when cleaning, drawing or going to and from places. I also currently own a variety of their albums on CD which I play and have mini discos to. My favourite album by them I have physically is A Steady Drip Drip as my friend found the book version in our local hmv. My joys began truly as I love music and any song that makes me feel like I can control the sea with the rhythm is worthy of intense play. So I found myself playing sparks tracks on a loop to get a good sensory experience. My favourite album for sensory experience is No.1 in Heaven, this is because growing up my dad was a huge electronic music fan, he also loved soundtracks from films (he still does) but I grew to love electronic music due to how it feels like it’s swimming around you or someone’s walking around you with a speaker. I have noise cancelling headphones which I love using when travelling and sparks are always a go to as I love picking out each noise and focusing in on it

(One of my dads fave albums)

As we reach the end of this long awaited article I thought I’d include a drawing I drew up in ink and share what a friend said Sparks felt to them. They are also autistic and feel music a unique way. 
(The art in question)
My friend bought me “Beat the Clock” as a single vinyl earlier this year due to my recent struggles in personal life. They test played it while cleaning it before giving it to me and told me they felt sparks were a “purple” band and they emoted warm tones. My friend also said their dad has other singles from the band and they too give the same tones.

I was going to write up from my notes what other people have said, however, since beginning this article I’ve moved to a new phone so my notes are still moving across. But in the next article I’ll be sharing peoples stories. In the next week it’s also my birthday so I’ll share some non-sparks music talks too to celebrate my big day.

I’ve been Jack Noodle, you’ve all been kindly patient. I’ll see everyone next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being LGBT (and a sparks fan)

Introducing the blog

Sparks and Repetition