Welcome Back! Art and Sparks


 Hello everyone it is your friendly writer here coming back after nearly a month of non existence. I am here to share some art I’ve been doing and discuss why being arty and a sparks fan helps me navigate the crazy and confusing world we live in. 




Above is 3 of my recent doodles of Ron Mael. I started these while awaiting things to help me hand in my university work. I often find I carry way too many supplies and collect unique pens. These 3 were done in brush pens I bought once when out in Hexham. I am recently finding joy in using brush pens and colourful fine liners as they offer bold lines and give personality to my work. 


Colour is so important to me as an artist (who is most likely autistic) as I can understand what someone’s feeling or the emotion the artist felt. When one looks to the Van Gough blue period they can automatically see he was depressed and struggling and the people in the paintings were also struggling. I also love using colour to give life to my characters, not just in a fan art sense. I am always trying to create colourful outfits that display personality and emotions. 


As a sparks fan who recently did a sparks inspired project the use of colour and patterns who used in aid of describing a song and the emotions with that. I made multiple designs with different colours of various sparks tracks as I drew up patterns that I could mentally visualise as a song progressed. Below is some of my stuffed animals being my models as I had to “promote” my work online in a modelled way. The yellow and purple one is in reference to the song Angst in my Pants, the yellow and green is in reference to What the Hell is it this Time?

Being an artist and a sparks fan also seems to make a lot of sense. In recent months I have gotten to know so many sparks fans and many are creative too. I often find inspiration for colours of post ideas when scrolling their instagram posts. I’ve also noticed the fandom who aren’t as creative or driven to create things full time embrace the art side of things which makes me feel so welcome and makes me more passionate to create my work. I love talking to the fellow creatives in the fandom and laughing over live videos we’ve seen or songs we love. I’m noticing a trend in the way most arty people are drawn to the 70s-80s period of Sparks, as this was the period I feel has a lot more colour and everything was happening so fast. I’m going to say what I’ve probably said before but I grew up being told to embrace those decades and sparks have managed that successfully. 


Before I end this episode I’ll like to update people on what I’m up to in real life seeing as some readers actually know me personally. I’m currently on a week break after handing in all my university work from last semester and about to start next semester with some new clubs and activities to do. I also have positive news too, I am getting counselling and a hopeful support mentor for my autism. I am trying to be more independent but also improve my social skills due to a recent on going not nice moment in my current class friend group. One of the reasons I haven’t wrote in so long was due to me struggling mentally and trying to manage social issues at the same time as deadlines. In other news I cut my hair short again as I didn’t enjoy my fringe. So below is my new hair style. That’s all for today, I’m now going to finish some doodles and a milkshake before getting ready for my craft night. This has been Noodle and I’ll see you next time or in the comments. 

My new hair :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being LGBT (and a sparks fan)

Introducing the blog

Sparks and Repetition